SF CAN CRC MisFITS
It’s More than a Race.
We've formed a team for Get Your Rear in Gear and are joining thousands of others from across the country to make a difference in the fight against colon cancer, our nation’s No. 2 cancer killer.
We'll go the distance. Will you join us? We'd love your support as we prepare for this meaningful day.
We've got an ambitious fundraising goal but with support from people like you we can get there. The money raised will fund local programs to increase screening and awareness for colon and rectal cancer, as well as programs and services to support those living with the disease.
10 Facts about Colon Cancer
- Anyone can get colon cancer.
- One in 20 Americans will be diagnosed in their lifetime.
- Colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death.
- Colorectal cancer affects men and women equally, and people of all races and nationalities.
- Screening for colon cancer should begin at age 50.
- Screening should begin earlier for many ethnic groups and those with a family history.
- Many of those diagnosed with colon cancer report no signs or symptoms before the diagnosis.
- Those with a parent, sibling, or other relative with colon cancer have an increased risk of developing the disease.
- Incidence of colon cancer is increasing among adults under age 50.
- Younger adults were more likely than older adults to be diagnosed with late-stage cancers.
(Bonus Fact) Screening is easy, there are many affordable options that can be done in the privacy of your own home. Talk to your doctor about the right one for you.