Team IHRSA / Bill's Bunch - Kicking CC!
Join TEAM IHRSA / Bill's Bunch - Kicking CC! on Saturday, September 16th as we run or walk in support of Bill Dussor. This year is Bill’s 25th year of service at IHRSA. We are honoring his years of service at IHRSA and showing our support during his brave battle with cancer. Our goal is for as many IHRSA runners and walkers to participate as possible. If you can’t join us on the day, I hope you’ll consider supporting our team through a donation, or even becoming a virtual racer and joining us in the fundraising efforts!
It’s More than a Race.
10 Facts about Colon Cancer
- Anyone can get colon cancer.
- One in 20 Americans will be diagnosed in their lifetime.
- Colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death.
- Colorectal cancer affects men and women equally, and people of all races and nationalities.
- Screening for colon cancer should begin at age 50.
- Screening should begin earlier for many ethnic groups and those with a family history.
- Many of those diagnosed with colon cancer report no signs or symptoms before the diagnosis.
- Those with a parent, sibling, or other relative with colon cancer have an increased risk of developing the disease.
- Incidence of colon cancer is increasing among adults under age 50.
- Younger adults were more likely than older adults to be diagnosed with late-stage cancers.
(Bonus Fact) Screening is easy, there are many affordable options that can be done in the privacy of your own home. Talk to your doctor about the right one for you.