Welcome to My Personal Page
My goal – Stop colon cancer in its tracks.
I’ve signed up for Get Your Rear in Gear – Tucson, a fun event, with a funny name – to raise awareness and increase screening for a not-so-funny disease: colon cancer.
Please support me today.
I have an ambitious fundraising goal but with support my community I know I can make it. The money I raised will be pooled with other people’s efforts and help fund local programs to increase screening and awareness for colon and rectal cancer, as well as programs and services to support those living with the disease.
10 Facts about Colon Cancer
- Anyone can get colon cancer.
- One in 20 Americans will be diagnosed in their lifetime.
- Colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death.
- Colorectal cancer affects men and women equally, and people of all races and nationalities.
- Screening for colon cancer should begin at age 50.
- Screening should begin earlier for many ethnic groups and those with a family history.
- Many of those diagnosed with colon cancer report no signs or symptoms before the diagnosis.
- Those with a parent, sibling, or other relative with colon cancer have an increased risk of developing the disease.
- Incidence of colon cancer is increasing among adults under age 50.
- Younger adults were more likely than older adults to be diagnosed with late-stage cancers.
(Bonus Fact) Screening is easy, there are many affordable options that can be done in the privacy of your own home. Talk to your doctor about the right one for you.