Welcome to My Personal Page
My goal – Stop colon cancer in its tracks.
I’ve signed up for Get Your Rear in Gear – a fun event, with a funny name – to raise awareness and increase screening for a not-so-funny disease: colon cancer.
Please support me today.
I have an ambitious fundraising goal but with the support of my friends and family I know I can make it. The money I raised will help fund local programs to increase screening and awareness for colon and rectal cancer, as well as programs and services to support those living with the disease.
10 Facts about colon cancer
- Colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in the United States.
- One in 23 Americans will be diagnosed in their lifetime.
- 1 in 5 colorectal cancer patients are 20-54 years old.
- 51% of people 50-54 have not been screened.
- Colorectal cancer affects men and women equally, and people of all races and nationalities.
- Screening for colon cancer should begin at age 45.
- Those with a parent, sibling, or other relative with colon cancer have an increased risk of developing the disease.
- Colorectal cancer is the 3rd leading cause of cancer death in young adults.
- 49% of young onset colorectal cancer patients are 43-49 years old.
- If you have a colon you are at risk.