Welcome to Sara Thomas's Page
My goal – Stop colon cancer in its tracks.
Our family has been irrevocably affected by colon cancer, and just as Bill Thomas bravely fought against the disease that ultimately took his life, we will continue to fight against colon cancer in his honor. Early screening is a key component in diagnosing this condition, and something that all of us need to be talking about. Please join us in remembrance of Bill and his journey by participating in “Get Your Rear in Gear”, a national colon cancer walk/run that will raise awareness and increase funding for early colon cancer screening
Please support me today.
I have an ambitious fundraising goal but with the support of my friends and family I know I can make it. The money I raised will help fund local programs to increase screening and awareness for colon and rectal cancer, as well as programs and services to support those living with the disease.
IF you would like to order a T-Strong Team Shirt
Please follow this link to order your T-Strong Team Shirt and we will have them available the morning of the event.
10 Facts about colon cancer
- Colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in the United States.
- One in 23 Americans will be diagnosed in their lifetime.
- 1 in 5 colorectal cancer patients are 20-54 years old.
- 51% of people 50-54 have not been screened.
- Colorectal cancer affects men and women equally, and people of all races and nationalities.
- Screening for colon cancer should begin at age 45.
- Those with a parent, sibling, or other relative with colon cancer have an increased risk of developing the disease.
- Colorectal cancer is the 3rd leading cause of cancer death in young adults.
- 49% of young onset colorectal cancer patients are 43-49 years old.
- If you have a colon you are at risk.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.